Can’t Travel Without: Rohto Eye Drops
As daylight dawned on a recent red-eye flight to Milan, I was reminded just how dreadful bloodshot eyes and pillow-creased cheeks look after eight hours of life-sucking airplane air. That’s why I never travel (or leave the house, for that matter) without Rohto Cool Eye Drops.
I can only describe them as the most masterful, life-changing eye drops I’ve ever tried. Usually I don’t wear makeup when I fly, but I ALWAYS bring these eye drops. You can actually see all of the redness fade away in a matter of seconds leaving your eyes brilliantly white. After two drops of Rohto and a quick splash at the bathroom sink, no one will ever know that you just rolled off a red-eye, or that you drool in your sleep.
A Dreamy Winter Weekend in Milan
Italy is my old best friend. Every time we meet, we stare each other in the face and say, “You haven’t changed a bit,” then pick up right where we left off no matter how much time has passed. Then we drink too much wine.
This time exactly 587 days had passed since seeing her, but an unusually cheap flight ($530 round trip) convinced me that a winter weekend in Milan was totally justifiable. So just like that I found myself with 72 glorious hours to recharge, reminisce and introduce my husband to my beautiful best friend for the first time.
12 Sweet As Things About Traveling New Zealand Style
Ten years ago, I was 20-years-old and the world was a mystery, until I curiously signed myself up for a Study Abroad Program. That’s when I met New Zealand and the bar was set. New Zealand was the place that inspired a career in travel, relaxed my New York state of mind, and channeled my inner warrior. So to salute the country that started it all, here are my Top 12 Sweet As Things About Traveling — New Zealand Style.
1. Rainbows in New Zealand are as common as pot holes in New York City.
2. Meat Pies are a celebrated form of late night eating.
3. NZ band Salmonella Dub is the best road trip music ever. Just have a listen.
4. If you can’t find a hotel, strangers will let you crash on their couch (and it’s safe.)
5. Wine country is the whole country!
6. The Coromandel. A honeymoon waiting to happen.
7. A magical snack called Kumara.
8. Kiwis are so relaxed, you actually feel safe plummeting 134 meters on a rubber band.
9. ”Hey, what’s that smoke?” Oh, just one of dozens amazing public hot springs.
10. No doubt, the Doubtful Sound is astounding.
11. Most caves have bats. New Zealand’s caves have luminescent glowworms.
12. A sunrise looks way better when you’re the first person in the world to watch it.
For these reasons and so many more, New Zealand, you rock.
Photo courtesy of kiwinz (Flickr)